Re: regression xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk_2004.02.28-2_powerpc.deb

On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 14:08, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 20:57, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:

> > > Please try to get a backtrace.
> >
> > Wish I could... I recompiled your package with debug symbols
> > (export CFLAGS=-g ; export CPPFLAGS=-g ; fakeroot ./debian/rules binary)
>
> There's little point in that as gdb won't be able to deal with the X
> server modules anyway. You'll either have to use the LoaderPrintSymbol()
> trick or build with
>
> #define DoLoadableServer NO
>
> in xc/config/cf/host.def. Then you can rebuild parts of the tree with
> makeg as appropriate.
>
> > but when I gdb't xserver-xfree86 the machine froze...
>
> Are you trying to do this from the same machine? That doesn't work
> because you can't interact with gdb when it interrupts execution. You
> have to do it from a remote shell.

I still have not found the time to do this. However I found out that
when setting UseFB true for the internal display and UseFB false for the
external, I can still run a dualhead config AND the screen does not turn
black when I do switch to console and back (so I no longer have to use
this sleep cycle trick to get the display back on).

That was purely FYI,
Soeren