[Fwd: Re: Dual head on G4 Powerbook 400MHz]

I got this from BenH, looks like he ment to CC the list but typoed :P.

--
David Stanaway <david@stanaway.net>
--- Begin Message ---
> I could make it just open the first display if there were 2 and they
> were both M3s, but is there are more general test to see if this is
> necessary?

In the normal case, we really want all displays opened. This make
sure everything gets properly initialized by the firmware. The
fact that m3mirror "hack" doesn't work in this case is a side
effect ;) It could probably be fixed by other means though.

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>

--- End Message ---