Re: Powerbook g3 pcmcia in 2.6.1-ben

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 01:25, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, david 'fenrus' syk wrote:
>
> > Have anyone gotten the one pcmcia-slot in one of the "pismo" (PowerBook g3,
> > firewire400) machines working with linux-2.6.1 and ben's patches?
>
> Not even with one of the 2.4 kernels: I always get a kernel panic when I
> insert my wavelan card.

You probably have wrong /etc/pcmcia/config.opts

They have to be set differently depending on the machine model, and it
seems no distribution ever got that right (of course, debian doesn't
care and just stuff x86 values in there).

You need to find port and memory ranges that are on the same bus as
the PCMCIA controller and that are not already used by anything else,
using cat /proc/ioports and cat /proc/iomem to pick such ranges.

Just setup one IO and one memory range and remove all the other
cruft. Don't use the "old" pcmcia-cs, use the kernel pcmcia code
with the version of pcmcia-cs built to rely on it (whatever debian
provides here should be fine)

Ben.