Re: 2.6.0-ben1 : Badness in local_bh_enable at kernel/softirq.c:121

On 19/12/2003 at 17:56, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> This is a known problem. There are at least 2 problems I know about
> regarding the use of ppp in 2.6.0 that are upstream bugs. I hope
> they will be fixed by 2.6.1.

Thanks for the info. I did a google search and saw some threads
discussing it. I should have done it before posting, sorry about that (I
didn't guess this was an upstream issue).

I'll have to wait then, a pity because 2.6 works really well.
Fortunatelly, I only use ppp when I'm out of home and don't have
cable/dsl available. When I get back home I will be able to continue
enjoying linux 2.6.

> I'll forward to the appropriate maintainer

Thanks again. Btw, my config files can be found at

http://www.pirispons.net/bulma/llista/iBook/

I'm mentioning it not (only) for this bug, but mainly in case they can
be useful to someone (who is switching to 2.6 for example).

--
Kiko

Please do not reply to the sender address of this email; due to spam and
Windows (TM) worms, everything not comming from the list is "stored" in
/dev/null. Put menorqui in the user part to send me anything.  Although,
I prefer replies sent to the list so that others can benefit from the
discussion.  Thanks.