Re: Sleep problems in kernel 2.6 from mvista.com

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 23:38, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > > Do you have X running ? Same problem if not ? Does the screen come back
> > > up at all or not ?
> >
> > I've been doing some more tests and the results are random. I tried three
> > ways of suspending the machine:
> >
> > 1.- Closing the lid (pmud).
> > 2.- Issuing the snooze command (pmud-utils).
> > 3.- Some code I've been playing with some time ago [See below].
>
> You didn't reply about running X or not. Can you try in pure console
> without X beeing ever started ? Also, which radeonfb driver did you
> use ? My 2.6 tree contains actually 2 of them. (Make sure you are
> using my tree btw, mainstream 2.6 doesn't contain up to date sleep
> support yet).
>
> Regarding the specs... well... we had _some_ from MkLinux or earlier
> Darwin sources (though Apple quickly un-opensourced the PMU driver),
> from the Open Firmware forth code, and for things related to sleep,
> a whole bunch of reverse engineering & trial & error...
>
> For the code putting the radeon chips to sleep & waking them up, you
> have to thank ATI for providing it.
>
> Ben.

Hmmhh I remember I also had problems with sleep in a certain kernel
config. but I don't remember the settings...
However as the new radeonfb is still pretty slow _here_ I wonder how
difficult it would be to fix the compile errors with the old driver,
such that I can try reproducing this 'sluggishness behaviour' ...

CC      drivers/video/radeonfb.o
drivers/video/radeonfb.c: In function `radeon_get_pllinfo':
drivers/video/radeonfb.c:845: error: `M_SPLL_REF_FB_DIV' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/video/radeonfb.c:845: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
drivers/video/radeonfb.c:845: error: for each function it appears in.)
drivers/video/radeonfb.c: In function `radeon_get_moninfo':
drivers/video/radeonfb.c:946: error: `RADEON_BIOS_4_SCRATCH' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[2]: *** [drivers/video/radeonfb.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [drivers/video] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

Soeren.