gconf messed in sid and downgrading

Hi,

I made the error of upgrading my sid/gnome two days ago.
This changed gconf2 to 2.4 and i lost evolution-mail;
one of the messages asked to log out and in again.
When trying to login into gnome, i was warned the session didn't last
10s, because gnome-check-config-2 didn't pass.
The only way for me to see gnome back was to change
/usr.lib/gconf2/gnome-check-config-2 and set a stupid script returning 0
instead. But now i have only evolution, all menus, icons... are messed
up.

I know all this is probably related to the repository being broken.
What solution can you suggest me to downgrade last upgrade ? local .debs
were deleted :( and i have no console under gnome.

Second question: why isn't it possible to have a real console (plain
screen) with F2 or F3 ? never worked here. Failsafe console is only a
quarter screen ;(

Thks for help, i'm a bit paralyzed there.
--
Jean-Christophe Michel <jc.michel@symetrie.com>
Symétrie