Re: problems installing debian on Powerbook G4 1,25 alu

OoO Pendant le repas du jeudi 27 novembre 2003, vers 19:46, Barry
C.Hawkins <barry@yepthatsme.com> disait:

> 	Do you have any further information on using Michel's
> 	dri-trunk snapshots?  My attempts in going by the guide at
> 	http://dri.sourceforge.net/snapshots/README.Debian have been
> 	unsuccessful.  When I try to install the
> 	xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk package using dselect, dependencies
> 	always pull in 4.2.1 stuff.  I am still new to Debian, so
> 	perhaps I am missing some obvious point.  Any guidance would
> 	be appreciated.
> 	I am using a PB G4 17" 1GHz running sid.

xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk is just a server, it is not a complete X
Window system. It is why dselect has to pull some standard Debian
packages from the archives.
--
Don't patch bad code - rewrite it.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)