Re: iBook G4 800MHz configuration

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 ioguix@free.fr wrote:

> Another thing (I'm very new under ppc arch), is it normal that the kernel
> compilation takes more that 20minutes to finish?? With a basic configuration, it
> took 10mins on a i386 arch with a 850Mhz...If someone can shortly learn me some
> things about the ppc processor, it could be very nice :)

 It feels as if it takes a lot longer than that on a G3 500Mhz iBook.
I've always put most of it down to the slow (4200rpm) drive, but it's
maybe worth running hdparm to see if you can tweak the speed.  Mine also
has the 66Mhz memory, but I guess yours should be better there.

Ken
--
Will code payroll for food.