Re: X on a new 12" powerbook (Nvidia Go5200) [SUCCESS]

On Sunday, October 26, 2003, at 12:40 AM, Branden Robinson wrote:

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 01:53:57PM -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
I'm using the Xfree 4.3.0 debs from Daniel Stone.  Any additional
information (XF86Config-4, the Xfree log file, lspci -vvv, etc)
available upon request.

Is there any particular reason you're not using the XFree86 4.3.0 debs
from Debian experimental, which contain all of Daniel Stone's work plus
a whole lot more updates and bugfixes?

Since those are the packages destined to end up in Debian unstable, it
would be nice if more people would actually test them instead of
Daniel's, which are several months old now.

Could one of you send me a good sources.list for PowerBook G4 12" to get the best X Windows and KDE/GNOME stuff. I recedntly downgraded from unstable to testing but am unable to get X working properly again. So I'm afraid to do a lot of apt-get remove --purge and/or dpkg -P and then start installing what is considered as the best packages available for this hardware.

I think my sources.list are pretty okay, but a little help/configmation might help. So if you would like to share your PBG4 12" sources.list, please send them to me.

Thanks,

Pander