Re: 2.6-test1 on ppc?

On the 'why isn't there any 2.4.22 or 2.6 kernel images' front:

> About the only gripe I have with that kernel image (based on a quick test)
> is the lack of ADB keycodes compat support. Trying my 2.4.20 with Linux
> keycodes only messes up X and console switching and leaves the brightness
> keys/console keymap functional so that's not it. The same test with
> yesterday's benh-devel shows the brightness keys broken regardless of
> keyboard mode (only the console messages about unknown scancode change to
> ones about failing to emulate rawmode for scancode 225/224) - you can
> safely build a kernel-image-2.4.21-benh and it won't change a bit :-)

Seems I didn't press the brightness keys often enough. Adjusting
brightness does in fact work fine, I just get a pesky warning message.
I've not been able to find a change related to the warning message
between 2.4.20 and 2.4.22 so I just disabled it. The message level of that
one should perhaps be dropped to DEBUG ... (walks off in search of brown
paper bag).

I suggest you use the kernel-patch-benh package to build official ppc
kernel images that contain BenH's enhancements (I take Jens' mail to read
that kernel-patch-benh isn't currently used). If that's not enough, a
short note added to README.Debian to direct the curious to the rsync
repositories might be in order :-)

	Michael