[WIFI] airport card WEP configuration + router WRT54G

Hi

I'm posting here because I didn't find anything on google/linux...

My problem is :

I'm configuring a wireless router [essid : ploumploum ]. The router configuration menu give me the choice between many possibles security settings, and I want to use my ibook with this router, with a (not really, I know) securised transmission.

FYI : ibook2.2 / 2.4.22pre3-ben0 kernel + Debian sid (with airport perfectly working without encryption)

I've got the choice (in the router configuration menu) between 4 types of possibilities :

1) WAP
2) WAP radius
3) Radius
4) WEP

With an airport card, I don't really have any choice : WEP only (what else ?)

So let's go with WEP 48 /128 bits encryption

...and let's take 48 (the most simple) first.

When I give a passphrase, I have 4 keys. One of them (of my choice) will be the default key dor the transmission

For example (48 bits) :

rirififiloulou (passphrase) give

key1 : 05657FC097
key2 : 05B4E44560
key3 : C30E5857A3
key4 : 3FD7589471

So, if I take the key2, my /etc/modules.conf will be modified like this:

options airport essid plouploum enc 05B4E44560

Next :

depmod -a
ifconfig eth0 down # airport is eth0 interface
rmmod airport
modprobe airport
/etc/init.d/networking restart

And it doesn't work all all (wavemon segfault too) :-(

While "options airport essid plouploum"  works perfectly (no encryption)

FYI, the router is a WRT54G, the airport card is the "Classis Mac Airport Card", like everyone can find in a Mac...

My first question : is my key correctly defined in my /etc/modules.conf ? What's wrong ?? What is the correct synopsys ?

Did someone know another way to do this (with iwconfig, for example) ?

Last, but not the least ;-) the same example with a 128 bits encryption key :

passphrase : allolapolice

key1 : 76504DAF4DF046BE2EC6988714
key2 : F65EB62E1554DBB7F4036F28E2
key3 : 740336067362C39F81C62B7EE5
key4 : C902F6555C822C4E8C4F9F7C9A

(en admettant que j'ai choisi la key1 par défaut utilisée pour les transmissions).

What write in the /etc/modules.conf ?

Thank you for avdance for any help

Best Regards

P.S. : don't work _at_all_ on Mac OS X too...

--
eric b