Re: 2.6-test1 on ppc?

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 14:02:03 +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> Not having tried to compile any recent Linus kernel on powerpc or
> elsewhere, I might be wrong, but from my experience it's always been the
> case that different architectures each had their own development trees and
> their own (rather small) development communities. It's always been up to
> you to figure out where to get cutting edge kernel sources, and to deal
> with problems yourself as they show up. Advice like 'better stick with
> 2.4.21-benh' might just mean that - unless you want to spend your time
> fixing patch rejects or compile errors and risk kernel crashes, just use
> the stable powerpc branch (which happens to be maintained by Ben).

If the 2.4.21-benh kernel is so good, why is there a buggy
kernel-image-2.4.21-powerpc package but no kernel-image-2.4.21-benh
package in Debian?

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des