Re: IBM Servers to Pair Linux, New PowerPC Chips

On 20 Jul 2003 at 14:36, Nathanael Hasbrouck wrote:

> Also, to ask my own question, did I hear someone say recently on this
> list that IBM might use Apple chips in it's PPC machines?  Or am I
> confusing things?

That would be silly: Apple doesn't make chips, it just designs them,
has them manufactured by other companies, and sells them (neatly
packaged, it must be said). In the case of CPUs, Apple doesn't even
design those, but `works closely' with Motorola and IBM to get the
specs right.

   Jeroen