I give up (was: Newbie needs help: apt configuration problem installing woody on PM9600)

Well I have tried everything within my skill and budget, but I cannot get Debian running reliably on my PM9600/200MP.  I am still getting
hard crashes during dbootstrap's bad block check of the hard drives, or (if I skip that during instalation) during apt's configuration of newly
installed pacages.

Everything I have read here and elsewhere leads me to believe that I have a hardware problem, but it is one which the MacOS is highly
tolerant of, as I can run without errors in MacOS.

I have tried different hard drives, different SCSI cables, swapping the SCSI busses, stripping the SCSI chain of everything but one HDD.
I pulled out all of the DIMMs and tried them each, one at a time, but nothing seems to help.

I have no more time or money to spend on this effort, so its over.