Re: xfree86 4.3.0-0ds4 server shut-down

Hello again!

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 03:02:02AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> It looks like there's no problem with the server but with the client
> side. It might be a good idea to install a display manager like gdm or
> kdm.

I tried that with gdm, and remembered _why_ I forgot it. I wasn't
allowed to login as user because gdm doesn't accept my password and it
permitted me to login as root. Because of this behavior I decided to
start X manually with startx from console.

So I didn't get further on.

I reconfigured xserver-common with debconf to allow all users starting the
xserver, who have permission for console - no success :(

What is the way, debconf manages my choice?

--

M.f.G.

Georg Koss

mailto: g.koss@nextra.at