RE: Fwd: Re: Booting the Debian installation CD on Powerbook G4 1 2"

>  never been able to get that message to stop.  The only strategy that
> consistently works is to remove "auto" from the /etc/network/interfaces
> eth[01] lines.  Then I have to type "ifup eth0" after boot, as root, but
> that's not so bad.

You can just put the inferface down with ifconfig (or ifdown), or you
can use ethtool to suppress link messages (but then, you won't get
the messages for Link Up and Link Down). I don't have enough
granularity in the ethtool msglevel right now to separate these,
I'll see if I can find something better.

Ben.