Re: AW: Building kernel

Actually, devfs is neat, and I do not know why you
need to do without it.
That is not saying you can do it, I just do not know.
A clean /dev directory can be so nice!

Although you _must_ have devfsd installed before it
will work,
otherwise you will not be able to mount your root
partition on
reboot.

It has happened to me and others :)

http://www.ibooklinux.net/plain_page.php?caller=ibooklinux.php+record=86.