Upgrading from stable to testing

Hi all,

I am interested in upgrading from stable to testing but have a few
qualms... well will it go OK as I spend quite some time getting Debian
stable onto this machine.
I am running Debian stabel on a Ti G4 PowerBook 667MHz with the  radeon
graphics chip.
I am running the benh kernel and the dri trunk of XFree.

ii  xlibmesa-dev-dri-trunk 2002.11.06-2      DRI CVS trunk version of
Mesa 3D graphics library development files
rc  xlibmesa3              4.1.0-16          XFree86 version of Mesa 3D
graphics library
ii  xlibmesa3-dri-trunk    2002.10.02-2      DRI CVS trunk version of
Mesa 3D graphics library
ii  kernel-image-2.4.20-rc1-ben0  custom1.0  Linux kernel binary image
for version 2.4.20-rc1-ben0.
ii  kernel-package         7.107             Debian Linux kernel package
build scripts.
ii  kernel-patch-benh      20020304          improved Power Macintosh
support for the Linux kernel

Having read the various howtos and posts that are around for such an
upgrade it seems all I need to do is:

Current sources.list

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
deb http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb http://mirror.cse.unsw.edu.au/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb-src http://mirror.cse.unsw.edu.au/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main
contrib non-free
deb http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk/ ./

In the above comment out the security deb line and replace all instances
of stable with testing.

Then run apt-get update

One debian tip I read at the linuxmafia.com site was
"In order to upgrade crucial packages first, do:
  apt-get install perl libc6 dpkg apt apt-utils debconf
  Whenever you're switching to a new development track, or are
  for any reason expecting a major jump in package versions, the
  foregoing command is a worthwhile precaution."

Then run apt-get -u dist-upgrade
(I notice that some ppl use apt-get -u dist-upgrade)

and if there are problems apt-get -f install to fix any problems (hope I
dont get any)

One thing that I am not sure about is do I need to anything about the
messages below that I have been getting recently:

# apt-get upgrade
The following packages have been kept back
   xlibmesa-dev-dri-trunk xlibmesa3-dri-trunk
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2  not upgraded.

Is there anything that I should do other than the above?
Any probs that I am likely to encounter?

Thanks
Mike

UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F

DISCLAIMER
This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views the University of
Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.