Re: Debian on iBook G4 status

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 the mental interface of
J.Manrique Lopez de la Fuente told:

> Hello,
>
> I have a 12" iBook G4, and I would like using Debian/Gnome2.4 on it, as I
> do in my PC. I've heard that Xserver doesn't work in this machine yet, is
> that true? What is the real status of Debian/Sid for G4 iBook?
> Is there any tool like Partition Magic for Win32 for Mac OS X to make
> partititions without having to reinstall everything?
> Thanks and best regards,

Xserver is running for sure ;-) The 3-D accelaration depend on your
graphic adapter.

You'll find almost everythinh you are using fom the i386 port.

For Installation checkout
http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc
http://www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~schmidtm/apple/powerbook.en.php

HTH