Re: trouble using IBM 1.4.1 jdk for ppc on Debian

Hi,

If you search the archives here you will find a mail I sent to Ben and a few
others a while back that describes an environment variable you can set to
force the JIT to recognize your processor (lie to it and tell it is is a 604e
system).

I have a dual G4 machine and it now works fine.

I think (but I don't remember anymore) that you should try somehting like:

export JITC_PROCESSOR_TYPE=6

And that may help.

Give it a try and let me know if it does.

Kevin