Re: New sleep code for ATI M6, M7 and M9

On Son, 2003-03-16 at 12:19, Raphaël Haberer-Proust wrote:

> > > Sorry, I must admit that I did not know anything about apm
> > > emulation. Is it in the kernel?
> >
> > Yes, CONFIG_PMAC_APM_EMU.
> I had it in my config
> CONFIG_PMAC_APM_EMU=y
>
> But I did not have any /dev/apm_bios, so I made a nod with
>
> mknod /dev/apm_bios c 10 134
> chmod 770 /dev/apm_bios

Or better:

cd /dev; MAKEDEV apm

> > > Section "Device"
> > > 	Identifier	"Radeon Mobility"
> > > 	Driver		"ati"
> > > #	Option		"sw_cursor"
> > >
> > > 	Option		"UseFBDev"
> > > EndSection
> >
> > Also try Option "DRIReinit" here.
> I did this. There is no big change. Now, at wakeup, the screen is not
> black but it shows crap. I can not do anything else then a reboot
> through ssh.

Well, DRIReinit won't work if clients keep the DRM open (e.g. Qt does
that even when it doesn't use any OpenGL contexts), but in that case it
should really have no effect at all, and the logfile snippet from the
other person with the same problem showed it working.

> Do I have to do something special in order to get apm emulation working?

No, but you only know it's working when there's a line

(II) Open APM successful

in the X server log.