Re: Trouble getting Quik working...

On Friday, January 24, 2003, at 05:55 AM, Chris Tillman wrote:

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 11:51:05AM +0000, simon@nuit.ca wrote:
On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 21:20:44 -0800, Dylan Barrie composed:

On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 07:32 PM, Chris Tillman wrote:
Try

chroot /target quik -v

I don't seem to have a /target folder, chroot gives me:
chroot: cannot change root directory to /target: No such file or
directory

Maybe that's got something to do with it?

did u mount the partition? it's only there when it's mounted (i think).
ime anyway.

I'm not quite sure how the mount command works, but since the drive I'm trying to boot from has all the linux stuff on it, isn't it already mounted?

This is the output of "mount"

/dev/sda2 on / type ext2 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
/dev/sda4 on /home type ext2 (rw)
/dev/sda5 on /usr type ext2 (rw)
/dev/sda6 on /tmp type ext2 (rw)
/dev/sda7 on /var type ext2 (rw)

Yes, your partitions have to be mounted. And I just
tried that last night, and it doesn't quite work #)

Instead, you need to

chroot /target /bin/sh
quik -v
exit

Would try that, if I had a /target! ;)

Also, what effect would running chroot /target /bin/sh have?
Running quik -v without doing that shows no visible error messages.

Thanks again for all your help,

Dylan Barrie
Postpose