Re: Trouble getting Quik working...

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 15:05:12 -0800, Dylan Barrie composed:

> On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 11:31 AM, Michel Lanners wrote:
>
> >On  21 Jan, this message from Chris Tillman echoed through cyberspace:
>

> >Or try plaing with load-base, but be warned that some people have
> >rendered their machine unbootable with it.
>
> 	What exactly is the load-base, and what values should I try?

the default one 0x40000; others you can try are 0x100000 and 0x60000. i
have mine set at 0x100000 ATM.

> >>Wow, Michel, I wonder if that's the same problem so many people
> >>have getting the beige G3's to use quik?
> >
> >Most probably yes. The conclusion the original submitter of the bug and
> >I came to was that the buggy quik was plain simple _unable_ to boot any
> >G3 processor.

i have - unconfirmed - reports that people have been able to boot beige
G3s from quik. are those just rumours, or is there something to them?

simon