RE: Rolling my own Powerpc kernel from Debian sources

>to compile:
>
>cd /usr/src/benh_kernel
>sudo make xconfig
>make-kpkg ...
>sudo dpkg -i ...
>
>then make the correct symlinks, edit yaboot.conf and execute ybin
>
>jonas

Everything went well until I tried "make-kpkg" :(
bash returned "no such command" (or words to that effect).

I reviewed the archives and did a google search on 'make-kpkg'
The results were instructive except they said to read the docs for 'kernal-package' for more info.
'kernal-package' is not installed on my machine.
apt-get install kernal-package returns "no such package" (or words to that effect).

A search of debian.org/packages returned no results.

Has kernal-package been renamed or something? Where can I find it?

TIA

John