"@" with German keyboard (was: PowerBook G4 (TiBook))

Hi Robert,

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Robert Weißgraeber wrote:

[...]
> 2) Keyboard Issue
> 	I have a german keyboard layout which is working fine on öäü,
> 	but not on the pipe, (at). How can i get this?
[...]

I'm using this little script at login time:

----snip---
#!/bin/sh

cat <<EOF |xmodmap -
clear mod1
keycode 64 = Mode_switch
keycode 113 = Alt_L
clear mod4
add mod1 = Meta_L
EOF
----snip---

This is on an iBook, but should work the same on your TiBook:
the (left) "alt" key is used just like in MacOS (eg. alt+L gives "@"),
whereas the command keys are Meta_L. (yes, they _both_ give the _left_
Meta key, due to a hardware restriction, I guess).

Other people prefer to remap KP_Enter to Mode_switch...

HTH,
	Siggi