Re: DRI Problems

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 00:55, brett-debianppc@kavi.com wrote:
> I've got a TiBook DVI, benh's latest rc5 kernel.
> CONFIG_FB=y, CONFIG_FB_RADEON=y, CONFIG_DRM_NEW=y, CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=y

You don't need CONFIG_DRM* (in fact, they will cause conflicting files
between your kernel-image and drm-trunk-module packages).

> Upgraded to the dri-trunk XFree86 and I ran into a few snags:
> 1. I'm getting unresolved symbols for the sis.o drm module; I'm assuming
> this is because I didn't compile in the sis dri code into my kernel.

No, it's because the SIS DRI code isn't being well maintained. Just
ignore it.

> 2. DRI doesn't load, it's got the wrong kernel version or something:
> "[dri] radeon.o kernel module version is 1.1.1 but version 1.2.x (x > 0) is needed."

It's not picking up the radeon.o from drm-trunk-module but the one from
your kernel, which is too old.

> 3. XDM is broken - It seems to be some kind of xauth problem; strangely
> enough though, everything works fine if I use startx.  I remember
> Branden claiming XDM was broken at one point, but I thought that had
> been fixed.

Not related, the DRI repository is missing code for XdmAuth. gdm works.