Re: tuxracer

Ivan il Terribile wrote:

> hi all, i have a pismo g3 400, with the ati128. i think i have properly
> configured X and the graphic card, the toy 'xglgears' runs in a window at
> 160 FPS ( 120 with setiathome in bg :) , while in my K6-2 300mhz with
> voodoo2 runs at only 60 FPS....

You are still running with software rendering, otherwise you'd get at least
300 fps.

The Voodoo gives lower numbers either because it's locked to the vertical
refresh rate or rendered in software as well (DRI only works with Voodoo3 or
later, hardware accelerated Mesa for older Voodoo boards probably doesn't
support GLX).

Please follow the DRI user guide at http://dri.sourceforge.net/ to fix your
configuration.

> but tuxracer doesn't work, it says "couldn't initialize video: X11 video not
> configured with OpenGL (Success)".

Your libsdl isn't OpenGL enabled. Either upgrade to tuxracer from sid or try
http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/libsdl1.1_1.1.8-5_powerpc.deb .

> X loads the GL extension, and i tried both xlibmesa3 and mesag3 ( mutex, and
> mesag3 is slower ),

Always use xlibmesa3, not mesag3 . The latter can only render in software.