Re: Choosing which kernel tree to use

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Just comment out the bogus code in /etc/power/pwrctl if your kernel supports
> sleep.

That did work, the iBook sleeps and wakes up fine. Thee only problem is
the DACA audio controller now produces crap audio (like the audio is
byteswapped) anytime any audio is played - including the system beep after
waking up. Unloadiing and reloading the driver doesn't improve the
situation either - the only way to cure it then is to reboot.

I know the support for the DACA is far from complete, but I thought it
bore mentioning. Has anyone considered figuring out how to program the
KeyLargo's I2C bus, and then using the Darwin drivers as a model (is that
possible? License restrictions?) for the Linux drivers, instead of trying
to program the DACA directly like the current drivers do?

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN