Re: Thanks Ibook - kernel sources

>Thaks for all.
>I' ve just start with yaboot , I only change one line in my yaboot.conf
>partition=4
>and run mkofboot
>then I run ybin and OK.I can boot without cd.
>More Problems:
>I want to complile one kernel for the ibook, it's necesary one
>patch?.I've compile much kernels for i386,but never for ppc.Is the same
>???
>I usually do: make dep && make clean && make bzimage && make modules &&
>make modules_install
>then I usually make bzdisk for probe the new kernel, but I have not
>floppy in the Ibook
>Can I do bzlilo?
>Other:
>Which kernel is stable for ppc ?

Hi,

Try to use SuSE PPC 2.4.2 or 2.4.6 kernel branches, they come with
support for ReiserFS and JFS. 2.4.2 works just great, I see no reasons to
stick with 2.2.x anymore. See my web site (Linux Tips and Tricks) for
more details.

*   Best Regards   ---   Andrei Verovski               *
*   e-mail         ---   andrei.verovski@bigfoot.com   *
*   Personal Home Page                                 *
*   http://homepage.mac.com/macgurutemple/             *
*   Mac, Linux, DTP, Development, IT WEB Site          *