Re: FEEDBACK WANTED: What to do about XF86Config-4 BusID?

Hi,

Branden Robinson writes:

> A BusID was mandatory, and my debconf questions don't handle that
> yet.  Having UseFBDev on or off seemed to be harmless either way.

On my Pismo, it's the other way round.  Contrary to 4.0.3, the 4.1.0 X
server works nicely without a BusID.  However, it requires the
UseFBDev option.  That's with

 Linux sleipnir 2.4.5-sleipnir #1 Fri Jun 8 17:38:20 CEST 2001 ppc unknown
 xserver-xfree86 4.1.0-0pre1v5

> Suggestions?

You could add a BusID option regardless of architecture, and point out
that the user can normally leave it blank.  This would take care of
both the more picky PowerPC machines and the multi-headed setups.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!