Re: SBP2 locking problems - again

>There are a few too many patches floating around (see the 1394 list
>archives for all the stuff Dan Berlin, Ira Weiny, Ben H, and Ben C
>have posted).
>
>It has to do with very low level endianness issues in the OHCI
>protocol, and how apple build's it's 1394 hardware. All my firewire
>hardware works on x86, non of it works on my pismo with BenH's latest
>kernel. I've been waiting and testing since Dec. I would just be
>patient and keep trying.

What you can do is update your 1394 code with some of the more
recent patches in the linux-1394-devel mailing list and try if it
help.

My kernel include one of the ohci1394.c "fixes" for powerbook, Ira's
one, which worked well with the only FW device I have to test with
(an SBP2 disk with LSI chipset) and a few other people's as well.

I don't have the HW nor the time to test every combination, I'd suggest
bringing this discussion on the linux-1394 lists where it belongs
and see if some of the proposed patches helps.

I'd be glad to include a new version of the code in my kernel
if you say it works better for you.

Ben.