Re: how to get back from linux_keycodes?

On  20 Apr, this message from Gerhard Reuteler echoed through cyberspace:
> Hi,
> told my pismo (kernel 2.4.2-pre1)
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes
> and changed also the default keymap to i386. But something went wrong and I'm
> not able to do anything.

Two different things to consider here: linux keycodes and i386 keymap.
Both have the potential to screw up ;-)

Before playing with these things, it is best to get some remote (ssh,
telnet or other) connection working, and manipulate things from there.

> Is it possible to pass the kernel the argument
> "keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=0" ?

No; this setting is not kept over reboots. You either have to apply it
manually after every boot (bad); add some script (better) or add it to
/etc/sysctl.conf (best). So, to get back to ADB keycodes, just reboot.

> To echo 0 >/target/proc/........... when booting with cd isn't possible
> ether, because the directory proc is empty.

Not necessary, as explained above. In general, nothing under /proc
survives a reboot. That's just a virtual filesystem exposing some kernel
configuration and data structures.

The keymap setting might be different: if you changed that with the
apropriate tools, its setting sticks ;-)

You'll have to experiment a bit to re-change this...

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |