Re: Switching consoles (was Re: XFree4 on Pismo)

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

First of all: Where did DeCSS come from, huh?
And secondly, maybe we'll have a better chance with MacOS X,
concerning free devel tools and unix style development...

I must admit, having had a good look at what is available in
the Darwin repository that it does not look too good right now.
Quite a bit of the interesting stuff (the ATI128, Firewire drivers)
are in the non-free OS X layer :-(.  In fact, the whole kernel
is designed to make this easy to implement.

Cheers,

Kin Hoong