Re: Installing Debian 2.2r2 on a Tibook : help needed !

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 02:45:17PM +0200, franck routier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First of all, I noticed that '=' is often replaced by 't' on this list,
> when viewed from the html archive.
> For example, I had a hard time figuring out that 'videotofonly' was in fact
> 'video=ofonly'...
> A few P appear as well on the end of the lines.
> Is it a side effect of using Linux on a powerpc, of some kind of different
> ASCII encoding between Mac and PC ?

 It might be the fonts you're using, or maybe your X server is buggy?  Next
time you see the problem, try reading the message in a few different
environments, like on a virtual console, or under X, or on another machine.
Also, try looking at your mailbox with a regular text viewer, instead of an
email client, in case it is giving problems.

 I've never heard of that happening before, but good luck!

 happy hacking,

--
#define X(x,y) x##y