XFree86 on potato

I reinstalled Potato on the following machine and can't start the mouse
in X:

Machine: PowerComputing PowerCenter 120
Video:    XClaim3D 8MB
OF:         Old World

Reading an older post,  I experimented with various Devices. Only
/dev/adb and /dev/mouse allow me to boot into X. The color mode that
works is 16 bit. I can't move the mouse at all and there is no error
message. My adb mouse is connected to the keyboard. I also experimented
with unchecking BootX's "disable video" (or whatever it's called).
Console redraws are faster but then I can't start X.

What can I put in my Device section so that I can use my mouse?

Thanks,

-- Taro