Re: searching for xine testers

Hi,

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Siggi Langauf wrote:
>
> > So if you just get it running: fine! Nice if you'd send me a note.
>
> Built them on powerpc without a hitch, and they basically work. :)

That's good news.

> > If there are any severe showstoppers: hmmm, notify me, or maybe even
> > <xine-devel@lists.sf.net>, so we can find a solution.
>
> One thing is that it seems to hang when it can't initialize sound.

I'm not sure about this, but sound used to work on ppc, though there have
been some problems. Maybe someone on the xine lists knows more?

Does it always hang? Does it work somitimes, when it's able to initialize
sound? Does it work _only_ when sound is disabled with "-A null"?

> Also, I was excited at first to see that it has an ffmpeg plugin, but I
> couldn't play MJPEG nor DivX files, is that to be expected?

This is expected to work, but I think ffmpeg still has some problems on
big endian machines. Any volunteers are welcome ;-)

> Haven't tried DVD playback.

But that should really work fine...

> All in all, I guess I can upload the packages?

I think so. But they're not in the database yet, so it will tage a few
dasy before they hit the archive. Maybe 0.5.2 is out till then...

Thanks for testing,

	Siggi