Re: Altivec tools?

With assembly is the way you want to do it anyway.  That is how they
did the MMX versions, and I would actually try and port as much of
that as possible.  Many of the macroized functions can possibly be
implemented with altivec instructions or combinations instead of mmx
instructions.  That way you get for free a lot of code above that
just works.  It looks like someone has already started this for you:
idctaltivec.c and idctaltivec.h?  They don't appear to be too
complete, however, more like just a framework start.  Don't forget
the -m7400.