Re: Where to find new pmud?

> Aug 19 21:52:20 clementino pmud[295]: PMU version 12: iBook
> Aug 19 21:52:20 clementino  pmud[295]: Sleep for this PMU unsupported:
>                             will shutdown the machine on sleep request

So it says but it's lying.

>     >> Is there a new version of pmud?
>
>     Michael> Nope. No time  to implement the necessary "which friggin'
>     Michael> kernel  version is that user  running, so we  can sort of
>     Michael> guess if sleep is safe" bits yet.
>     Michael> Remove  the shutdown command  from pwrctl if you  want to
>     Michael> live on the bleeding edge.
>
> But will it work?

With a sufficiently recent 2.4 kernel it should. Not knowing what version
I should use as 'sufficiently recent' is one of the problems with above
approach. It would help a great deal to know if the kernel used in the
next release will work on all Core99 and later machines (regarding sleep).
I might just rely on the 'no warranty' clause in the GPL for the rest.

	Michael