Re: switch from ADB to linux keycodes ...

NeilFred Picciotto wrote:

> but!  "alt" is now the option key instead of the command key...

Try an Apple USB keymap in console. In X, you'll have to use xmodmap(1x).

> searching the archive of this list, i see mentions of this fact, including
> someone saying it's easy to switch that back.  but they didn't say *how*
> to do so, only that it's easy...

It is, and if you don't find out how yourself, you probably shouldn't. ;)

> am i correct in assuming that /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz is the keymap
> that's actually being used, so if i make changes to that, my changes will
> persist through a reboot?

Don't complain here if it doesn't or if it gets overwritten on the next
console-* upgrade.

> how come the keycodes in that file don't line up with the keycodes shown
> in xev?

X has its own keycodes.

> oh, and on the subject of the keyboard, is it still the case that there's
> no way to make Pismo's caps-lock key be control?

What you can do with Xkb though is prevent it from acting as Caps Lock.

	Option	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:nocaps"