Re: install / RS 6000

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 11:45:53AM +0000, zenon@jedi.com.br wrote:
> 	Hi, I would like to know which floppy disk should I have to install
> debian on a IBM RISC System 6000 E30.
>
> 	Thus, my question is, what is apus, chrp and prep, and which one of
>
> these is compatible with IBM RS6000 E30?

in thoery, there is some IBM CHRP support in there, but its all
completly untested and done by people who don't have access to that
hardware.  nobody with access to that hardware was willing to test,
help, or provide any information so there is likly to be problems.

i think chrp is the closest flavour you would want to use.  you will
have to figure out how to boot yourself, rescue.bin is still an ext2
floppy which won't boot on anything.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/