Re: boot-floppies 3.0.7 for powermac

> since it seems powerpc boot-floppies 3.0.7 were never built i have
> uploaded a cvs snapshot build for powermac only (sorry uploading 33MB
> over dialup is not my idea of ammusing).
>
> its available at:
> http://penguinppc.org/~eb/debian/powerpc/bf-cvs-snapshot-2001.07.07/

> when you get to the `install base system' step switch to VC2 and do
> the following:
>
> cd /usr/sbin
> mv debootstrap debootstrap.real
> cat <<EOF
> #!/bin/sh
> exec debootstrap.real --boot-floppies --arch powerpc --unpack-tarball \
>  /target/basedebs.tgz woody /target null:
> EOF
> chmod 755 debootstrap

This step failed, because we moved debootstrap to debootstrap.real.
Should that have been a copy?

> then switch back to VC1 and select `Install Base System' tell it to
> install via the network with default/fake/bogus network settings
> (since they will be ignored by our wrapper).  it will run the wrapper
> which calls debootstrap with the args we want, dbootstrap will be none
> the wiser and configures the base correctly after debootstrap exits.

I went ahead and tried this, but the please wait ... screen just never left.

> substitute /target/basedebs.tgz with whatever the path is to the
> basedebs.tgz tarball.

|  .''`.  | Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>            |
| : :'  : | debian-imac:    <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net> |
| `. `'`  |      . oo       Chris Tillman                        |
|   `-    |     (   -)      tillman@azstarnet.com                |