Re: error with new compiled kernel

On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 02:26:23AM +0100, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> BTW are you sure it hangs on boot? Tried to ping it or something? Maybe the
> display configuration is fscked up...

pretty sure, last night when it was first not booting I let it sit for
about 10 minutes then tried pinging, no response, and I hgave put my ear
next to it for a while and heard no hard disk activity, when it boots
successfully I hear hard disk activity even when I dont have my ear next to
it (so long as the room is quiet)

hmm, my 2.4.0 compile just died, trying toi link the ieee1394.a (firewire),
changed that to module and am recompiling now, hope it works.

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh