Re: Help - cross-compiler for powerpc-linux

[Cc: list severely trimmed.]

Jeff,

You probably sent your original message to *way* too many mailing lists
(I count 14), many of which are inappropriate for your particular question.

Anyways, this isn't a Debian-specific answer, but I just downloaded,
built and installed binutils-2.10.1 and gcc-core-2.95.2:

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/binutils/binutils-2.10.1.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gcc/gcc-core-2.95.2.tar.gz

I followed the instructions found at:

http://members.home.net/mmporter/linux/cross/index.html

And seem to have working cross-compile gcc and binutils packages under
/usr/local after "make install" in each of the 2 build directories. Have
not tried to cross-compile a kernel yet, but I will shortly.

Good luck,

-Jonathan Hankins

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Gentry, Jeff wrote:

> If not can someone offer an alterative? - maybe even a system to ftp files
> from?

Jonathan Hankins	Homewood City Schools

jhankins@homewood.k12.al.us