Re: cursing my yboot'd Lombard

> > Must be yet another reason for the invisible cursor: atyfb uses
> > the hardware cursor :-) Any idea why setting the cursor color sometimes
> > won't work? The cursor color gets set pretty early, maybe the chip needs
> > some more init, or it isn't idle at that stage?
>
> You're right. This is valid only for software cursors.
>
> Note that even when using a hardware cursor, inverting characters (by e.g.
> selection or gpm) is still influenced by the bug.

Strange - inverting characters still works OK even when the cursor
reverse is broken. Seems revc isn't used for anything by the current
console code (at least when acceleration is used. Nah, noacel had no
effect on this either).

Right now I'm unable to reproduce the 'hardware cursor black' phenomenon.
I've added a wait_for_idle(fb) at the end of set_cursor_color and that
didn't make matters worse, but it's a bit hard to fix something that isn't
broken :-)

	Michael