PowerPC bootdisks for potato release.

Are the boot disks going to be "ready" for the upcoming relesae of
powerpc-potato in February (it is still February isn't it ?) ?

I want to buy a PowerBook but am waiting for Debian to be officially
released and with boot floopies to install on my PowerBook.  I really do
not want to preinstall any other OS like Yellowdog or LinuxPPC, before I
can install Debian.

Is Yaboot required ?  I assume this is the equivalent of lilo on a x86
machine.
Do I "have" to allocate a 800KB HFS partition on my hard disk ?

I've installed Debian-2.1 on an intel machine once.  All I needed was a
boot disk and the base*tgz file.  Will it be exactly the same for a
powerpc machine ?

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.