Re: USB Mouse with X

"Alexandre C. Brasil" wrote:

> I'm experiencing some troubles configuring Debian on an iMac. The
> instalation was just fine, but I can't get the mouse to work under X. It
> work fine in console mode, with gpm (I using /dev/usbmouse). I've tried
> every protocol I found suitable in XF86Config, but it still don't work
> (The X starts nice, but the mouse pointer don't move).

Are y ou using fbdev or Xpmac?  If you are using fbdev, what do you have as your
mouse device?  If you are using Xpmac, what version and have you tried killing
gpm before launching Xpmc.

> Another question... what can I use to configure the X in Debian PPC?
> I couldn't find XF86Setup nor xf86config.

Nothing as of now :\  XF86Config makes Redhat fs assumptions.  Hopefully the
config script in v4 will support Debian's filestructure.  Get a working
XF86Config from someone else w/ the same machine...

HTH
--Nelson Abramson

--
Make your vote count!  http://www.votenader.org