RE: debian vs linuxppc

> My main interst in Linux operating system could be justified by the
> desire to use some of the audio apps available for linux.
> Hence the first question :  how's the sound working on debian (and MIDI
> if any).

Hope I am not wrong here.  Debian (and other Linux dists) use the same Linux
kernel.  So as long as the kernel supports your sound, it works.

> Second question, how hard is it to move from linuxppc to debian.  I
> really don't appreciate the fact that linuxppc went commercial.

linuxppc is based on Red Hat.  So the /etc/ startup scripts live in different
places.  Debian also uses a different package format.  other than that the
differences are minute.

As far as linuxppc "going commercial", they pretty much always were.  However I
have met two of the key guys for linuxppc -- they are decent people and are
just trying to fund development and buy themselves beer, machines, and a roof
over their head -- roughly that order (=