OpenLDAPd on PPC

  Hi!
 I just got the slapd up'n'running on my Debian/GNU Linux PPC box.
 I don;t know if any of other Debian/PPC users have ever tried to run it but
on my machine it couldn't start rumbling something about:
daemon.log.0:Oct 12 17:30:34 plukwa slapd[9042]: ldbm_db_errcall(): ==> illegal flag specified to db_appinit
daemon.log.0:Oct 12 17:30:34 plukwa slapd[9042]: ldbm_initialize(): FATAL error in db_appinit() : Invalid argument

 I wanted to give LDAP a run so started digging on the website and debian
sources. At first i spotted that debian/rules contains this at the beginning:
ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE),i386-linux)
    ldbm_api=db
else
    ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE),m68k-linux)
        ldbm_api=db
    else
        ldbm_api=db2
    endif
endif

 At the website there was a mention about various DB versions and how they
cooperate with OpenLDAP. There was a note that DB2 on non-Intel CPUs is by
default compiled without (or with limited i don;t recal right now) support to
threads. There was also a sugesstion about using DB1 or GDBM in that case. So
i changed above to:

ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE),i386-linux)
	ldbm_api=db
else
	ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE),m68k-linux)
		ldbm_api=db
	else
		ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE),powerpc-linux)
			ldbm_api=db
		else
			ldbm_api=db2
		endif
	endif
endif

 I think that previously openldapd didn't work on any PPC machines (yes, i
filled a bug report on this looong ago) Hope that above will help =o)

--
 Robert Ramiega     | robert@pdi.net  IRC: _Jedi_ | Don't underestimate
 UIN: 13201047      | http://plukwa.pdi.net/      | the power of Source