Installing Debian on Pismo/Firewire Powerbook

--

Hi,

I've been using Debian on the PC side for a year or so, and I'd like to try it on my Mac laptop as well. I checked the archives, and there was a discussion on this earlier in the year. Unfortunately, I'm a a little further behind the curve than the original author even after going through the detailed Installation notes at debian.org. If anybody could give me a nudge in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I bought some Debian PPC 2.2 CDs from Cheap Bytes. Some net guides indicated that I could boot directly from the CD by just holding down the C key at the beginning. Is this correct? Right now, the CD won't read at bootup. Since I can't read the CD's in MacOS 9 (oddly can read them in X), I don't know if it's because of how the CDs were burned, did I miss something else in the installation process, etc.

Thanks,

Steve