Re: Unable to create/save/open/delete files as root

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 05:46:28PM +0100, Gordon Dykes wrote:
> running e2fsk (+some options) while it fixed an error it did not help.
> I have started making backups and am prepared to re-install debian.
>
> Any last ideas before i do this?

 run a mknod command to create /dev/hda as a symlink to ide/foo/bar whatever
it is, somewhere early in your boot scripts (i.e. near the start of the
first one).  With devfs, all the device files you need should be there, but
the have different names.  (BTW, I don't know if mknod will work right on a
devfs filesystem.  It should though.)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y